Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Short and Sweet Cardigan

I just finished my first child wearable! I am very proud of this piece. I got the pattern on the Lion Brand Website, click here. The directions rated this project easy....but I don't think I agree 100%. Sure, the stitch pattern is super easy...but the seaming took some time. Especially since I did not even know how. And I have never sewed a button on anything. So it was a learning experience for sure.






I was lucky enough to be shown how to seam from a sweet lady from my new knit and crochet group (I will talk about this later)
It is not the best seaming job that I have seen...but not bad for my first time. There are so many babies being born this summer into our family and neighborhood that I decided to start early on the baby gifts. I am also working on another Tiramisu blanket and some other baby outfits.




Hope you all like. I did not use the recommended yarn for this project. I used some of the skeins of Simply Soft in orchid that I had in my stash. I could not believe how much it split. I may use the Baby Soft Lion Brand yarn in pistashio for the next one. Although, my neighbor who liked it...commented on how she loved how soft the yarn was. She has an 18 month old who would look adorable in one. Hmmmm...of course I already bought the Baby Soft yarn. I am sure I will figure out something. See, I told you all in blogger world that I was working on crocheted stuff. YAY!

3 comments:

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Sooo cute on the short and sweet cardigan. I love the color. Great job on the first wearable.

Anonymous said...

I love the little Cardigan!!

So I guess Marc and I have to have a baby in order for you to make us something.. I see how it is.. LOL

Needles said...

I love that little cardigan Gina. Simple stitches can make sorme really beautiful things.

And I absoloutely love the watermelon scrubbie. gorgeous colours.