Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Knit Picks



I got a wonderful package in the mail the other day. My order from Knit Picks. I really have been wanting some yarn from Knit Picks for some time now. I would cruise the site...dreaming about all the yarn choices. I wanted some nice yarn to doodle with that did not cost me an arm and a leg.


I tried to buy yarn that had projects attached to them. HA! That only half worked. I bought the Wool of The Andes for mittens. I am now on a quest for a great mitten pattern. Any ideas? I tried using the pattern I used for the bath mitt...but it came out way to small. I bought the Spinnaker 100% cotton to make a baby sweater. I had a heck of a time unwinding it from it's hank. It became an absolutely knotted up mess. I almost cried. It took me about and hour and a half to unravel it. And as fate would have it, I loathe working with the yarn. The texture is just so difficult to work with. Very difficult to see the stitched and forget about ripping back your work....almost impossible. It is so pretty to look at. I should have read the description of the yarn better.


I also purchased some Elegance (70% baby Alpaca, 30% silk, dk weight) in a lilac color and a grass color. It works up like a dream. It is really pleasure to work with. If you haven't tried Elegance...it is a must. I also ordered one skein of Andean Treasure in sunset which is 100% Baby Alpaca in a sport weight. Talk about soft. My review a couple of weeks back, sort of scorned Bernat new Alpaca Natural Blends because of it shedding. I assumed that a yarn that included more alpaca would make it shed more. That was a bad assumption because it is simply just not the case. For some unknown reason, I did not photograph these yarns. Hmmmmm What else?????.....


I also ordered some cotton blend yarns called Shine sport and Shine worsted, with absolutely no project in mind. These are made from 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal. The colors are just so summery. I could not pass it up. I have not tried to play with this yarn yet. I would love to get some comments on what exactly what I should make from these single skeins. Please, any suggestions would be welcome.

As far as other news in and around my household, my kids have only 2 weeks of summer vacation left. Where did the summer go? I have to get some school clothes for C. A. can wait a bit because he does not go back until the second week of September. Besides, since it is still so warm out, they will most likely go in t-shirts and shorts for the first weeks. I noticed a few acorns the other day on the ground. You know what that means. FALL.

No comments: