Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bath Mitt


Yay....I am so proud of my first "mitten" I actually made a thumb!! It is also full of decreases and shaping. I have never had to sew a seam until this mitten. This is a bath mitt made out Sugar n' Cream twist with a single stitch. It will go with my collection of wash cloths. I am thinking this would make a nice gift with some washcloths and some soaps in a basket for someone. Or even a baby shower gift with some baby wash and baby powder. The possibilities are endless. This makes me sooooo excited for my fall crocheting. Do you know what this means? I will be able to make myself a pair of mittens. I have already started looking for the perfect yarn. Check out this review by Clara Parkes of Knitter's Review. This review makes me want to order the $45 minimum to qualify for free shipping at Knit Picks. I am thinking this would be perfect for some mittens....what do you think? Just thinking about ordering yarn makes me giddy. Ah, how can I be thinking of wool mittens in this 90 degree day here in the New England?

4 comments:

Needles said...

What a fabulous idea. It's the logical answer to my thoughts of this very morning, that my bath scrubbie is falling apart and I need to do something. THIS is the something.

Needles said...

No I haven't seen her yet. I'm in Edmonton AB, and it seems she came here a couple years ago. I only found her blog this year when a very kinldy friend from Seattle sent me her link. But next time...

Hey, do you have the sock book?
http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/crochet/Crocheted_Socks.html

If not, I'll bet you will like it.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome mitt!!

Lis said...

Wow, lovely mitt!