Monday, August 20, 2007

I am IN!!!!

Finally. I got my invite to Ravelry late Saturday night. It is rather comical because I have been checking daily my number in line. Friday I was #80...and Saturday it read that there was NO invites in front of me. I was freaking out at this point, because I had not received I got an invite although it said it did. Eventually I got the invite and was so pumped. As soon as I got access to the site, I was fooling around with all the options, entered my data and then went to bed it was so late. On Sunday, I was feeling sick, so I did not even get a chance to play around on Ravelry. WHAT??!!!! I waited three months to get my invite and then I am too sick to play. AGGGGGGRRRRRR. I know, I know, I have plenty of time, it was just a bit ironic. I am feeling a bit better now.

So, this weekend, I woke up to this in my yard....



This is our first time growing sunflowers, and we are so thrilled that it popped open. The kids are super excited. Just look at the pattern that the inside seeds are doing as the spread open. It is an interesting pattern.



On the crochet front...I have put all projects aside and started working on a prayer shawl for my sister in law's friend who just got diagnosed with cancer. I was thinking about what I could do for this woman...and flowers did not seem appropriate. It dawned on me that I could make a prayer shawl for her. It will comfort her as she goes through her treatments. It is a super easy pattern of 3 rows of double crochet and a one row of single crochet repeated through out. It just takes some time to complete, and I would say that I am 1/4 done with it. My brother's girlfriend had asked me a while back if I could crochet her a head band. Of course I would! So she bought some Bernat ping pong, and it was a disaster to work with. So I purchased some Bernat softee baby yarn in pink ans made the headband.


I used this pattern from The Crabby Crafter. It is done in bobbles and is a great project to use up some scraps which I think I maybe doing soon. Bobbles are rather easy to do. According to The Crabby Crafter, bobbles are made in the following way: bobble -- yo, insert hook in st, yo, draw a long loop through st (3 loops on hook), yo, insert hook in same st, draw a long loop through st (5 loops on hook), yo, insert hook in same st, draw a long loop through st (7 loops on hook), yo, draw through all 7 loops on hook. This is her version of what is sometimes called the pineapple stitch. Try it out, it is rather fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my headband!! Thank you!

Love,
Alicia

Needles said...

I'm patiently waiting for when its full done and public. Translate that into, I really can't do anymore at the office than I already do online. sigh.

Great timing on the headband. I just went out and picked up supplies to do a knitted version for GF of son 1. I might corent it though, now that I see this. I'll have to ponder. Not for long though. Its seriously great yarn.

Needles said...

Sheesh, crochet it, crochet it.