Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rainbow Blankie

Finally, I am finished with my son's rainbow blankie. I have been working on this blanket on and off for about 6 months now. I would do it in spurts...have a go at it for a while, then completely forget about it. My husband would comment every time I started a new project. "What about A's afghan??? Don't you think he would like to keep warm this winter. He would really love it from his mom."

This blanket is made out of Red Heart yarn. When asked what color he wanted, he said "ALL" the colors. So, I choose a bunch of colors and called it The Rainbow Blankie. I was surprised because after I washed it, I was expecting it to soften up. It did not. Hopefully with some wear it will soften up. It is of my own design. It is done in a single stitch....one block at a time. To tell you the truth, I don't know if I want to make another blanket that has to be sewn together in pieces. I single stitched them together with a navy blue yarn. You can't tell by these pictures, but they are a bit uneven. Thank goodness I picked a recipient who does not pay attention to detail.

1 comment:

Needles said...

That's gorgeous Gina! I love the colours. Red Heart yarns will soften up over time. A few washes ought to do it. I read somewhere that heat relaxes the fibres and can ruin a project that needs sizes (I have sweaters like this) but a blankie lasts forever.